產品發表 包羅萬象 模型拍賣 綜合討論 直昇機 飛機 同協會 回首頁

台灣遙控模型-RCTW

找回密碼
 申請
樓主: philexc

E-DINO V, LMR & Doggy Jump

[複製鏈接]
 樓主| 發表於 2002年7月26日 08:55 PM | 顯示全部樓層
"full house sailplane " meanss the R/C saiplane use as many servos as it can to control as many control surfaces as possible; In general, a sailplane with > 6 servos should have 4 wing servos for the surface of 2 ailerons and dual flap,which make the "camber change " possible by radio mixing programming !

My point is -- By camber change,will it be possible to handle the situation  of "nose up" ?
or not realistic at all ?

Of course,most of the full scale sailplane should be full house sailplane,and it seems to be no complaint  about the "nose up"problem  from the full scale pilots!

發表於 2002年7月26日 11:37 PM | 顯示全部樓層
Which type of sailplane do you want to fly?
Do you fly thermal soaring?
I'd discuss this topic in the forum of Sailplane Unlimited. As I want to compare the 1:3.75 ASW27&28 of PG. Since they're the same size & aerofoil. the only different is the platform of wing & flap included in ASW27. The answer was they've similar character, but if you want to fly thermal choose ASW27.
I don't think flap can solve the problem of nose up. In fact it does. Before I answer this question, please tell me more detail of nose up.to air,
 樓主| 發表於 2002年7月27日 02:22 PM | 顯示全部樓層
Yes or No, but I am trying to be more specific on thermal soaring from now on !

There are 2 sailplanes I will use for hunting thermal hopely this summer :
1. EMS DG800 (3.75/4.2M) HQ2,5/13,5,11 profile -- have to do refurbishing work since it crash last summer during a bungee start !
2. Pike WR (F3B) with special RG15 -- Hopefully not be too heavy for the thermal!

Both of them supposed to be "camber change" as full house ship !

For "nose up" , my Australian friend call it " doggy jump"--
More operational description is : The cyclic tendency to speed up,then climb with nose up,and stall ,then nose down and speed up ........ over and over again !

Of course, sometimes It just could be cured by manuplating control stick,however, I am more interested in any way to trim or flap setting  to make the thermal soaring as it should be !

Or is it just a tendency for all e-converted plane with HLG style airfoil ?

樓主| 發表於 2002年7月27日 04:04 PM | 顯示全部樓層
By the way, Is the Sailplane Unlimited gone ?
發表於 2002年7月28日 11:56 AM | 顯示全部樓層
Yes, it does. If the ascending current or relative wind speed is strong enough. Flap can handle the noise up tendency. But the plane will just climb.(*only if the previos statement is ture otherwise it will stall) So I don't suggest using flap to handle noise up.

According to your statement, the noise the doggy jump is a natural tenderency of sailplane provided that you'd a correct CG & attack angle.

As I'd said this is a tendency for all sailplanes as my pylon racer also pitch up as the power is increasing but it do not jump due to enmorous power.

Sailplane Unlimited is still exist.

For thermal soaring I suggest using Pike Plus not Pike WR(there is 2 versions F3B/F with different wing loading, identical appearence)

Good soaaring,
Alex Chan.
發表於 2002年7月29日 05:38 PM | 顯示全部樓層
如果是單純的 "Doggy Jump", 應該是重心太前的關係. 但如果說只有在高高度才有? 那就無法理解了. 你確定是在沒有開馬達的情況下滑翔嗎? 升降舵有沒有虛位? 這個特性應該跟是不是像真機無關, 可能跟主翼和水平尾翼的面積比例有關.

放下襟翼會使升力中心後移, 可能反而造成 Doggy Jump 更嚴重.

使用像真機飛熱氣流自然難度較高, 因為迴轉半徑太大, 必須要有大範圍的熱氣流才行. 但是相對的, 也比較有挑戰性和成就感. 以 4.2m DG-800 來說, 應該很適合搭載背載式馬達, 方便又安全.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請

本版積分規則

世界各國訪RCTW統計

手機版|台灣遙控模型-RCTW

GMT+8, 2024年5月31日 08:37 AM